Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Krispy Kreme England Doughnut

Krispy Kreme have jumped on the World Cup bandwagon and are seeking to fatten us up with the addition of an England doughnut to their range.
It's a standard doughnut with white icing and an England shirt slapped on top. My one bore the number 10 in celebration of our crocked striker, Michael Owen. The doughnut tasted great. The icing had a pleasant vanilla taste and you simply can't fault the distinctive flavour of a Krispy Kreme. I have one slight grumble, there was no filling in the doughnut. A big bit of red jam oozing out would have sealed it as a proper English doughnut.

Update: It appears I was somewhat hasty in my condemnation of the innards. I had basically taken a bite and given the rest to my wife. She subsequently discovered not only red jam but white cream too. I now have to proclaim this as the greatest doughnut ever. At least in footballing terms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home