Thursday, August 17, 2006

McDonalds Rolo Milkshake

Chase and I ventured out of the office to give the limited edition Rolo Milkshake a try at McDonalds. Rolo's, for those that dont know, are round caramel filled chocolates. For years the marketing tagline for them has been; "Do you love anyone enough to give them your last Rolo?". I'm not sure who thought this up, but if I stuffed myself with a packet of Rolo's and only had one left, my Wife would not be impressed. The whole pack is the only romantic notion that she would be pleased with. The last one would only imply that she was an afterthought and I would be in trouble. I digress, however...
I'm not a huge frequenter of McDonalds, but these milkshakes have piqued my curiosity. The cup has the same logo and colours as the rolls of chocolates and there is a conspicuous limited edition stamp on it to remind us that these are only around for the summer. Chase and I grabbed a couple and took a sip. They do taste like Rolo's. I'm pretty impressed actually. I don't usually like chocolate milkshakes but the caramel/chocolate combo that's been captured so well in this shake is a winner for me. Grab one while you can.We also picked up the kid's meal toy out of idle curiosity and it's Filmore, the VW camper van from Cars. He's got some friction action, but it's a bit slow. He wasn't even going fast enough to fly off the tray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home