Friday, August 18, 2006

Sparletta Sparberry

I wandered past a South African deli the other day and thought I'd pop in to see if I could find something to blog about. I found this can of sparberry drink. I have no idea what sparberry is and flavourant is as good as the ingredients get.
The can looks kind of amateurish with 70's style graphics depicting bubbles and rocket ships. However, the slogan "a product of the Coca Cola company" reveals Sparletta to be no smalltime operation. When I gave it a taste I still had no idea what sparberry's might be. The drink was a pleasant fruity flavour which wasn't too overpowering or sweet. It reminded me of a generic red drink that I used to have as a kid. I didn't know what that was either, as you tend to define flavours by colours when you are a child; "I want the red drink!" etc. I'd drink this again if it didnt cost me 95p a can.

2 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sparberry is Raspberry
SPAR/RASP

See:
http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com/citizenship/pdf/TCCAF_The_Coca-Cola_Story.pdf

 
At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sparberry is AWESOME. Especially with Mozambique tipotinto rum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home