Thursday, November 16, 2006

Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale

There is quite an array of seasonal beers available to the Halloween drunkard and Blue Moon's Pumpkin Ale really caught my eye in the liquor store.
The box and bottles are decorated with a pumpkin patch eerily lit by a full moon.
The label claims that; "With it's clove, nutmeg and allspice flavours, this amber coloured ale is perfect for fall's crisp, clear days". This was looking like a promising beer to me and I couldn't wait to crack one open.
When I removed the top and took a sniff, there was a faint pumpkin smell. A large swig revealed a weak caramel taste with some faint spices. It wasn't unpleasant, but it was just a bit too weak to make me want to get another six-pack. It complimented the pizza I was eating well enough though.
A search around the net revealed that Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale is made by Coors, which explains the weak taste to me. I'm not a fan of Coors at all (especially after they I.D.'d me on the Coors stand at the ice hockey).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home