Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Almond Joy Limited Edition Flavours

Hersheys have released some limited variations of their classic Almond Joy range. Almond Joys are sticky coconut chocolate bars very similar to our Bounty bars except that they have an almond on top. Hence the name, I suppose.
The key lime bar is white chocolate, which immediately distinguishes it from a standard milk chocolate Almond Joy. I couldn't taste any lime and really didn't want it lingering in my mouth too long, so I really never picked up on any subtle nuance in the flavour. It tastes very sweet and artificial and I wouldn't eat one again.
So, onto the passion fruit. I must admit after the key lime, I wasn't
looking forward to this. I bit into it and was alarmed by the almost dayglow yellow colour of the coconut inside. But then that was soon forgotten as the taste settled on my tongue. Yuck. I'm no expert on what passion fruit should taste like, but I'm pretty sure this isn't it. This tastes like cleaning liquid.
Avoid. These are foul.

1 Comments:

At 4:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where can I buy this different flavors almond joy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home