Saturday, April 22, 2006

Lucky Charms

When I was a kid breakfast cereals were dull. The British are obsessed with their bowels and this was subsequently reflected on the supermarket shelves with morning fare such as All Bran or Fruit & Fibre. I always wanted to have something more like Calvin's Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs.
Fortunately the Americans churn out loads of cereal that has no great nutritional value and gets the kids through the morning on a sugar high. So, this morning I have Lucky Charms for breakfast.

The box is bright and colourful with a maze on the back which ties in with some promotions on the Lucky Charms website and the extra hidden key marshmallows in the cereal (of which they're were
loads. Not very hidden).
Lucky Charms provides a bowl of sweetened oats and marshmallows. Loads of marshmallows too. I reckon there was one marshmallow to every ten bits of cereal in the bowl I poured out this morning.
I like this cereal. It's sweet, but not too sweet, packed out with marshmallows and has a maze to do whilst you're eating it. Combined with a coffee this'll keep me wired until lunchtime.

1 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger Dianne said...

Personally, I'm a proponent of CapN Crunch. But for the complete American cereal experience, you need to hold out for a box that contains a prize INSIDE. The satisfaction of digging around in the bag to pull out the buried treasure cannot be beat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home